"Each day that I go to the Capitol, I am always mindful of our community and vote the way I believe my constituents would want me to. I’m deeply grateful that you allow me to serve as your state representative and represent our East Tennessee values in Nashville. ”
Jerry's Voting Record
Jerry Sexton: Representing Our East Tennessee Values in Nashville
• Cutting Taxes
Voted Yes- $27 million tax reduction
• Protecting our Veterans and Active Military
Voted Yes-enhanced security at National Guard facilities
Voted Yes-property tax relief for 100% service related disabled veterans
• Increasing Education Funding
Voted Yes- increased new spending on K-12 education by $261 million
Voted Yes- increased teacher pay by $104.6 million
• Investing in Public Safety
Voted Yes- funded 12 new highway patrol officer positions
Voted Yes- $4.1 million in salary adjustments for Highway Patrol
• Job Creation
Through the Transportation Committee on which I serve, I worked with my colleagues
to sponsor the Autonomous Vehicle Bill. This resulted in the Nissan car company
funding a research and development division to look into the practicality of
autonomous vehicles, which can lead to the creation of hundreds of Tennessee jobs.
• 100% Pro-Religious Freedom
Authored- HB615, recognizing the Holy Bible as the official book of Tennessee
Supported- HB2414 which requires students in public schools to use restrooms
and locker rooms that are assigned to the sex on their birth certificate
• 100% Pro-Life
• 100% Pro-Second Amendment
Endorsements, Ratings and Memberships
• 100% Lifetime Rating- American Conservative Union
• 100% Rating with Tennessee Right to Life
• Endorsed by the National Rifle Association
• Endorsed by National Federation of Independent Businesses
• Member of Gun Owners of America
• Member of National Association for Gun Rights
• Member of the National Rifle Association
• Received the 2017 Champion of Prosperity Award from the American
• HB 2381, Unborn Children Monument: Commissions the construction of a pro-life monument at the state capitol.
• HB 2380, Cellphone Towers Bill Incentivizes cell phone providers to build cell towers in rural areas with little or no coverage.
• HB 529, Tennessee Broadband Accessibility Provides rural areas access to reliable internet service.
• HB 2382, Special Hunting Permits for Disabled Veterans Allows disabled persons and veterans to acquire a permit to hunt with air bows.
• HB 1083, Defending Community Corrections Officers Authorizes community corrections officers with a carrying license to carry a gun at all times while working.
• HB 2379, Limiting Oxycodone in Tenncare Coverage Prohibits TennCare from putting drugs containing oxycodone on the preferred drug list for Medicaid coverage.
Jerry has worked hard with his colleagues in the House and Senate to take care of our district by securing:
• $1,800,000.00 for Union County education needs
• $1,300,000.00 for Claiborne County broadband initiatives
• $500,000.00 for Grainger County transportation enhancements
• $3,000.00 for Lincoln Memorial University building rehabilitation
"I am committed
to sTANDING FOR the people of the
35th district by reducing the size
of government, lowering
taxes, and promoting
Paid for by Committee to Elect Jerry Sexton, Terry Winstead Treasurer